Apply For This Position
|Certified Nursing Position PM & NIGHT SHIFT
Certified Nursing Assistant
Reports To: Charge Nurse, Supervising RN, Assistant Director of Nursing, and Director of Nursing
Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, provides for the activities of daily living for residents according to policies and procedures established by Pine Crest Nursing Home. Provides a safe environment, physical comfort and emotional and social support to residents.
1. Successful completion of an approved NA Training Program and current registration on the Wisconsin Nursing Assistant Registry.
2. Minimum of 16 years of age and have completed at least 8th grade. High school graduation or GED is preferred.
3. Ability to read, write and understand English, spell and do basic math. Ability to verbally communicate with residents, families and co-workers.
4. Must be honest, dependable and able to exhibit a caring manner toward residents.
5. Must be able to safely perform the Essential Job Functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Must adhere to the departmental dress code.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answers call lights to determine and meet resident needs.
2. Provides personal hygiene including bathing, oral care, skin care, nail care, dressing
and undressing and shaving for residents. Makes beds and changes linen.
3. Assists with toileting, including bowel and bladder retraining and incontinent care.
4. Serves and collects food trays and assists residents to eat. Records dietary intake, passes nutritional snacks and records intake and output as requested. Weights residents as requested.
5. Performs and assists with mobility, transferring, ambulation, positioning and range of motion using assistive devises as required. Uses proper body mechanics. Applies splints as directed.
6. Assures Resident Rights and privacy, maintains confidentiality of all resident care information.
7. Observes and reports medical and/or behavioral changes in residents immediately.
8. Performs rounding per protocol.
9. Uses aseptic technique, observes universal precautions for infection control including good hand washing and isolation techniques. Follows all safety rules.
10. Meets required inservice attendance.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Click here for more information