Apply For This Position
1. One or more years experience in the preparation and cooking of food in an institutional or restaurant setting is required.
2. Successful completion of a vocational school or hospital food service course preferred.
3. Graduation from high school is required.
4. Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the preparation of good on a large scale is required.
5. Basic knowledge of food values and nutrition is required.
6. The ability to work from prepared or general menus and recipes is required.
7. The ability to read and write in English and do basic math is required.
8. Must be honest, dependable and able to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers.
9. General knowledge of cleaning methods, general knowledge of and the ability to follow infection control procedures and safety practices is required.
10. The ability understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions is required.
11. Must have the ability to perform Essential Job Functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
12. The ability to adhere to the Departmental Dress Code.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares meals and nutritional snacks for resident consumption, including general and therapeutic diets and prepares tube feeding mixtures.
2. Assists in the serving of meals to residents.
3. Organizes the preparation of food for each meal so as to best utilize equipment and supplies with other food
4. Obtains supplies from store room, cooler or freezer as needed for meal preparation.
5. Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary. Uses all equipment properly and safely.
6. Assists to check in food supplies in when they arrive, unpacks boxes and stores food and supplies properly